December 28, 2011

2nd Annual Christmas At The Yurt - Light Painting

Of course, it wouldn't be right to be in a spot like this without doing a little light painting.
Lucky for me, I had the great wisdom and foresight to bring a little steel wool and some
colored LEDs with me!  So, on Christmas Eve, after things had settled down inside,
headed out into the cold to do a little painting.

These first images were created by dragging the shutter for anywhere from 3-10 minutes.
You can get a feel for the length of the exposure by the size of the star trails.  The color
on the Yurt and in the foreground was painted on using a multi-colored LED flashlight.






After playing out in the cold for a bit, I decided it was time to head in where it was a bit
warmer.  I enlisted the help of a couple of kids that happened to be awake still.  If you
look closely, you'll see that we had some ghosts visit us.




All images were created using the Canon 1D Mk IV and the Canon 16-35mm f/2.8L lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, good or bad!

ShareThis