July 14, 2013

Sun Tunnels and Star Trails



So, a couple of weeks ago, some friends and I spent the night out at the Lucin Sun Tunnels.  We spent a good amount of time doing some light painting and then set things up to catch some stars.  My intent was to capture enough frames for a couple of time lapse sequences.  The beauty of this method is that you can use them for time lapse and to stack for some star trail images.  We got started pretty late, or early, depending on how you look at it, so the last third of the frames were completely blown out.  I did manage to get enough for a couple of short sequences, with the sun rising and the stars fading.  Good stuff.  Added bonus: I was able to create these two images by stacking over 220 frames for each image.  I love the combination of the stars and the rich colors of the morning light.  Did I mention how fantastic these are?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, good or bad!

ShareThis