January 1, 2014

Locomotive Springs

At the north end of the Great Salt Lake, there is an area called Locomotive Springs. In addition to lots of wetlands, there are the remains of an old farm. I've visited this area several times, and you've seen images from here in previous posts. Since my first time there, I've wanted to go back for some painting. Well, earlier this week, I got the chance. My son and I were on our annual winter wander around the area and ended up here for sunset. Sunset was a dud, but I had a bit of light painting stuff with me, so we decided we should do some painting. There are four buildings (well, actually, two buildings and a couple of train cars) on the site, we ended up painting three of them. This first series is four variations of the old farm house. I'm finding more and more that the simpe images with an orb or two are my favorites. To me, there is just something intriguing about the surreal feel of the orbs. By the way, one of these images is a composite, can you tell which one?

 
143.00 Sec - f/6.3 - ISO 160 - 14 mm

180.00 Sec - f/6.3 - ISO 160 - 14 mm

280.00 Sec - f/6.3 - ISO 160 - 14 mm

874.00 Sec - f/5.6 - ISO 320 - 14 mm

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, good or bad!

ShareThis