February 5, 2012

Doing The Dishes

The other day, I was loading the dishwasher.  As I was getting down to the last few dishes, there was a cup that was full of water, that happened to be right under the dripping faucet.  Wouldn't you know it, my accidental setup was producing some pretty consistent drops.  So, what did I do?  I grabbed my camera, my tripod and a flash and cranked out some shots.  After a few shots with just the stainless steel sink as a backdrop, I used some of the plates to add some color and variety.  So, what is the lesson here?  Two things:  One - you don't need a very sophisticated setup to get some good water drop shots.  Two - there are good photo ops everywhere, even while doing the dishes.

Images were created with the Canon 1D Mk IV and the Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro lens.











1 comment:

  1. Amazing shots!
    I'm a more of a black & white/monotone, impressionist kind of person, but I loved these.
    Thank you for sharing and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, good or bad!

ShareThis