February 23, 2013

MarketStar 25th - Time Lapse

A couple of weeks ago, I had the opportunity to photograph the MarketStar 25th Anniversary Celebration.  In addition to shooting the event, I thought it would be a good opportunity to do a time lapse project.  It turned out to be a fantastic learning opportunity.  Normally, when I've worked on a project, I've had some flexibility on how long it takes me to capture the various sequences that make up the final project.  In this situation, I didn't have that luxury.  I had a very specific time frame to capture the material that I needed.  Instead of using one or two cameras and moving them around, I had to use multiple cameras, set to capture as much of the event as possible.  Turns out, with the help of a couple of camera operators (thanks, Dave, Chris, and Cory), I ended up with a total of 7 cameras being used to capture images.  The cameras were placed in all sorts of places, including one in a window on the 6th floor of the MarketStar building, one in the projection booth in the theater, and one suspended 30 feet in the air above the stage.  All together, we captured over 17,000 still images and about 45 minutes of video.  It was a lot of fun coordinating and producing this project.  Overall, I'd say it was a success and I'm pleased with the results.  Now, I just need to find more opportunities to do this again.

As always, for best results, click HERE and watch the video in HD.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, good or bad!

ShareThis