April 11, 2013

Water Drops

This past weekend, I spent some time working on water drops.  I think I have the lighting dialed in pretty well.  Now I need to work on getting collisions.  Here's a few of my favorites from this round.













  


Now, a little about my setup.
I used three speedlights to light my drops.  They were fired using my Radiopopper triggers.  The two lights at the back were fired at the white backdrop, bouncing light onto the drops from behind.  The third light was placed to allow a little bit of  spill light to hit the front of the drop, while most hit the backdrop.  I used various gels to alter the colors.  Part way through, I colored the water green.  
The drops come from a reservoir suspended above the glass.  They are controlled by an electronic valve.  The water was mixed with glycerin.  Roughly 1 part glycerin to 3 parts water.  The glycerin slows down the drops and "strengthens" the water for better formation of drops.  That's about it, I'm happy to answer any questions.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, good or bad!

ShareThis