July 2, 2011

West Jordan Stampede

Last night, I had the opportunity to shoot at the West Jordan Stampede with friends Rusty, Doug, and Rob.  It is always a good time to shoot a rodeo, there is a lot going on and plenty of good photo ops.  Because this was at an outdoor venue, we started out with good, evening light and then transitioned into stadium light for the remainder of the evening.  The later it got, the higher I had to bump my ISO, sometimes as high as 6400.  Luckily, I was shooting with the Mk IV, so it handled things pretty well.  Here are few of my favorite shots from the evening.  I'm headed out again tonight, so I'll have more to post tomorrow.

Images were created with the Canon 1D Mk IV and the Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS lens.
























No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, good or bad!

ShareThis