August 10, 2011

A couple of Fords

Last year, at the Roy Days car show, I took several shots of a 1940 Ford, including an image that I converted to black and white.  The B&W image has done very well for me, winning a Photo of the Day award at betterphoto.com and a Best Of Show at the 2010 Utah State Fair.  I was hoping to see the blue Ford again this year, I brought along a print of the B&W image to give to the owner.  Well, when we first got there, I couldn't see the car so I asked a couple of car owners if they had seen the car or knew who the owner was.  It didn't take long to find the owner.  We chatted for a few minutes and I told him about the images I had taken and how they had done for me.  He was pretty excited to receive the print.  He didn't bring the blue Ford with him this year, instead he brought the pink and the red.  They are pretty amazing cars.

Images were created with either:
the Canon 1D Mk IV and the Canon 14mm f/2.8L III lens
or the
Canon 7D and the Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro lens









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, good or bad!

ShareThis