November 11, 2011

Thank You

A while back, I had the opportunity to spend a couple of days in Washington, DC.  Of all of the places that I visited, I think that Arlington National Cemetery was one of my favorites.  It is a very powerful reminder of the thousands who have paid the ultimate price to guarantee my freedom.  While I am always grateful to those that serve this country, I don't always express it.  So, today, I say thank you.







 The changing of the guard at the Tomb Of The Unknown Soldier was an amazing experience.  I remember seeing a documentary several years ago about the soldiers that are a part of the guard detail at the tomb.  They followed a group of soldiers that were going through the screening process to join the guard.  It was a pretty grueling process, and in the end, not all of them make it.   The common theme among all of the soldiers that were interviewed throughout the documentary was that it was a deep honor and privilege to fulfill this sacred duty.  I didn't fully understand that until I was able to see these guys in action.  It is a truly amazing experience.












No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, good or bad!

ShareThis