April 17, 2012

Prom

I had the opportunity to shoot some prom pictures for a pretty good group of kids this past weekend.  We were up against rapidly fading light (well, actually, it was pretty dark by the time we got started) and rain.  In an effort to be prepared, I stopped and picked up a bunch of umbrellas on the way to the shoot, just in case.  Luckily, we didn't need them as the rain finally let up just as we got to the location.  Shooting in the dark wasn't too big of a problem, we had four speedlights along to provide the light.  We used Wrapix light modifiers to control the light. The biggest challenge was getting focus.  Tough to do in the dark.  This was solved by using a cell phone with the backlight on, held where we needed the focus.  Once focus was grabbed, my lovely assistant jumped out of the way and I fired the shot.  All in all, it was a good shoot and I'm pleased with the results.  Thanks to Rusty and Doug for the assist on this one!

Here's a couple of the finished images as well as a couple of "behind the scenes" shots.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, good or bad!

ShareThis