April 27, 2012

Stars and Clouds in Zion

Here's my second time lapse of the stars in Zion National Park.  I love the clouds moving through this one.  Pretty fantastic.  The technical stuff behind this one is a bit different than the Stars over Kolob video.  This time, I brought my shutter speed up to 5 seconds (from 15 seconds) and adjusted the ISO to compensate.  Because of this, I ended up with about 2200 images over a four hour period.  I'm glad I made the decision that I did.  Had I gone with a slower shutter, I think the outcome of the clouds would not have been ideal.  I've had a couple of questions about the light that flickers in the beginning.  Behind and below me is the highway that runs through Zion National Park.  The bits of light are from passing cars.  Towards the end of the film, you can see that the wind started to pick up as the bushes are moving quite a bit.
Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the results.

For best viewing, click HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, good or bad!

ShareThis