September 14, 2013

Moulton Barn

A couple of weeks ago, we spent a quick couple of days in Grand Tetons National Park.  For photographers, the Moulton Barn is one of the most well-know spots in the park.  Some say it is the most photographed barn in the country.  Well, we were camped not far from the barn, so I got up early in hopes of catching my version of the iconic Moulton Barn image.  We woke up to overcast skies and a bit of rain and, unfortunately, we never got the sunrise light on the Tetons.  In fact, it was starting to look like the low clouds were going to keep the Tetons completely covered.  As we were about ready to head out, the clouds started to break against the mountain and I grabbed this image.  Well, actually three images, as this is an HDR composite.  I also worked some magic in Lightroom and CS5 to get the results I was looking for.  Though it isn't what I had planned going into the shoot, I'm happy with the results.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, good or bad!

ShareThis