July 9, 2015

A Saturday Road Trip

The other week, we loaded up the family and took a drive out to Vernal, UT and Dinosaur National Monument.  Though I've lived in Utah for most of the last 30 years, this is the first time I'd been to this area.  It was well worth the drive.  Not only is the area amazingly beautiful, the dinosaur stuff is pretty fascinating.  If you ever have the chance, you should check the area out.

This is an image I grabbed in the main quarry exhibit.  It's pretty fascinating to see so many bones in one spot.

These three followed us around long enough that we brought them home.  I think we'll keep them.







I love this panorama of the Green River and Split Mountain.  Such a beautiful spot!
 
At one stop, we found a small pond that was inhabited with a pretty good collection of frogs.


We even saw this guy wandering around the pond.

On the way home, rather than heading back the same way we came, we headed north and traveled through the Flaming Gorge area.  This is the view of the gorge from the Dowd Mountain overlook, one of my favorite places.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, good or bad!

ShareThis