August 20, 2016

Balloons

Last weekend, some friends and I made out annual visit to the Sandy Balloon Festival.  It's always a good way to spend a couple of hours on a Saturday morning.  This time, I decided to shoot things a little differently.  Instead of shooting stills, I shot video.  Part of my reason for shooting video was to play around with the 4K frame grab feature in the Canon EOS 1Dx MkII.  The way this camera captures 4K video means that each frame is literally an 8.8mp jpeg image.  Because of this, the camera allows you to grab those frames individually.  All of this is done in camera.  All of these images started their life as video frames.









In addition to shooting some 4K, I also shot a little bit of slow motion stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, good or bad!

ShareThis