May 6, 2013

Light Painting with Mickey

Recently, my wife and I took a few days and headed to California to celebrate her birthday and our anniversary.  We spent two of those days at Disneyland.  One of the evenings, we watched the World Of Color show at California Adventures.  While waiting for the show to start, we had a nice view of Paradise Bay and the big Ferris Wheel.  It was a great opportunity to do a little bit of long exposure photography.  I was traveling lite for this trip, so instead of a DSLR, lens, and tripod, I only had a small point and shoot with me.  It just so happens that the Canon SX260 has some pretty good manual controls so I was able to shoot in manual, setting the camera (after a little bit of experimenting) at ISO 100, f/8, 2.0 Seconds.  These settings allowed me to capture these cool patterns.  I didn't have a tripod with me, so I relied on the wrought iron railing in front of us for support.  By the way, you'll notice the missing sections in the patterns, the lights on one of the spokes of the wheel were not working.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, good or bad!

ShareThis