July 17, 2013

Lightning

Every summer, we get some pretty fantastic lightning storms around here.  While I've gotten some decent images in the past, It's been a while since I've gotten one I've really loved.  The other night, we had a good storm roll through and I was able to get out in it for a bit.  One of my challenges has been finding a decent spot to get an interesting foreground.  I live in a pretty flat area of the valley, with not a lot of interesting spots for a lightning shot.  Well, The storm was moving through quickly, so we picked a spot that looked okay and got set up for the show.  This is a composite image, created by stacking 12 separate images.  Individually, the images weren't too exciting.  Together, they are pretty fantastic.  I still need to find a better location, but I like how this one turned out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, good or bad!

ShareThis