January 19, 2013

Night Skies in Nevada

One of my favorite places to shoot is Valley Of Fire State Park in Nevada, just north of Las Vegas.  I've shot there several times before, and I look forward to shooting there many more times.  It is an amazingly beautiful place with geology similar to the national parks in Southern Utah.  The big difference is that it is far less busy than places like Zion, Bryce, and the Grand Canyon.  And, amazingly enough, it is only about a 90 minute drive from the craziness of the Las Vegas strip.  You can see some of my previous visits herehere, and here.  Like I said, it's an amazing place that I look forward to shooting many more times.  

As I was preparing for my recent trip to Las Vegas for work, I discovered that I would be there during the new moon, a perfect opportunity to shoot some star time lapse in Valley of Fire.  I was able to make it out to the desert a couple of times while there.  Here are the results:

For best viewing experience, click here and watch it in HD.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, good or bad!

ShareThis