January 1, 2012

Honorable Mentions

My last post included my top 10 images for 2011.  When I set out to come up with the list, I knew it would be a difficult task.  It was a bigger task than I had anticipated.  In the process of narrowing things down, I came up with several versions of my list of favorite posts before finally narrowing it down to the posts you saw in my top 10 list.  Along the way, I had to make cuts.  It was never easy to make the cuts, there were plenty of good images that deserve an honorable mention.  


So, here's a list of some of my favorite posts from last year that didn't make the top ten:


American Kestrel - It was an amazing experience to watch this guy enjoy his lunch.


Oil & Water - This was a fun subject to shoot on a cold afternoon.


Flower Bits - Gotta love shooting with a good macro lens inside of a large soft-box!


Shadow Happy - A missed connection and an overnight stay in Denver turned out okay.


Quiet Morning - Why can't all days start out this way?


Dragonflies - We had an abundance of these guys last summer.  They were fun to shoot.


Three Gangsters - Perhaps not my best work technically, but I sure do love the subjects!


Big Old Truck - I had a few chances to shoot some car shows this year.  I loved this truck!


Sun Tunnels - Light painting has quickly become a favorite.  This was one of the highlights of the year.


Mountain Flowers - An early morning wander with my macro lens in the cold mountain air provided the opportunity for some fantastic images.


Yoga - I don't get credit for this photo shoot, I just happened to be in the right place in the right time.


Sound Studio - I was there to shoot video for a friend, I couldn't resist grabbing some shots.


Back Lit Botanicals - Tried something on a whim.  Turned out well.


Arch Rock - Spent an early morning with some really good friends.  As a side benefit, I created some good images.


Candles - These were just fun to do.


Yurt and Stars - Spent Christmas in a Yurt.  Might as well shoot some stars.




There you have it.  The short list.  I hope you have enjoyed them as much as I have.  Now, time to move on and get started on 2012's short list.  Thanks again for taking the time to stop by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, good or bad!

ShareThis